TERROR FILMS IS SEEKING COMPLETED SHORT FILMS FOR AN ORIGINAL SERIES!
This Original Series concept - which the distributor is currently touting as TERROR FILMS PRESENTS: TERRIFYING TUESDAYS" - will be comprised of 6 original, never-before-seen short films presented in a weekly, episodic format. Each episode will be released as a stand alone episode, once per week, every Tuesday for the six weeks leading up to Halloween. On Halloween day, (October 31, 2018) viewers will be able to binge watch all 6 episodes. Each episode would open with a pre-produced prologue created by the label specifically for the series.
Although Amazon Prime is the current platform the series would be released on, we aren't ruling out pitching the final product to many of our other relationships including Shudder, Starz, Netflix and Hulu.
We are not offering an up front licensing fee to acquire the shorts. However, the filmmakers who are selected will share in the revenue generated either through a licensing deal that we can potentially secure or from the Amazon Prime rev share program.
Films will be subjected to the guidelines provided below.
• Inclusive of credits, shorts should be no less than 10 minutes but no more than 30 minutes maximum.
• Films must be 100% completed.
• Absolutely no scenes of violence towards women, excessive nudity, extreme graphic violence or overt visual gore.
• Shorts must not have had any online exposure at all! (YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, Amazon, Festival or Filmmaker's Website, Social Media etc.) Festival participation is okay but they must not have appeared online in any way.
• No science fiction shorts! We are looking for traditional horror. (Hauntings, possessions, witches, deranged killers, etc.)
• You must own all rights to images, actors and music/score. “Festival Rights Only" will not be accepted.
• Only seeking English Speaking shorts. No foreign language films with/or without subtitles will be considered for this particular project.
• If you shot your film under the SAG New Media Agreement, filmmakers will be responsible for contacting SAG and paying any residuals from revenue received. Copies of all executed SAG contracts must be available for review if requested.
• A 5.1 sound mix preferred but not required.
• All films subject to approval and acceptance based on all of the above along with a QC (Quality Control) report that shows that the film is technically ready to be delivered onto the Amazon platform.
• Submission Deadline ends June 1st, 2018.
If your film(s) meets the above guidelines, please submit it to: email@example.com
If we are interested in acquiring your film, someone from the Terror Films team will contact you. Please do not send emails requesting the status of your submission.
WE ARE ALWAYS SEEKING COMPLETED HORROR GENRE FEATURE LENGTH FILMS!
Please e-mail us your secured screener link, trailer and poster (if available) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Someone will get back to you within 30 business days. Please do not contact the office to inquire about the status of your submission.
For your convenience, below you will find the standard list of technical deliverables. Please take some time to review this so you are clear on what will be required to place your film onto the many platforms we do business with:
FILM AND VIDEO MATERIALS
• Digital Version - Fully digitized version of the feature film, trailer, and textless elements:
• QuickTime with ProRes 422HQ Codec
• Feature/Trailer on Hard Drive with either USB 3.0, e-Sata, or Firewire 800
• QuickTime Should be embedded with final 5.1 Surround, Stereo LT/RT, Stereo M&E (for international), and DME Stems (Stereo).
• Resolution: 1920x1080
• Aspect Ratio: original aspect ratio (2.40, 2.35, 1.85 or 1.78) if there is a matte please include that info on the name of the QuickTime. (i.e. ThePassing_235_1080p_2398_
• Frame Rate: Original/Native Frame Rate (how it was shot/filmed).
• Please place all textless items 5 seconds after the picture is complete. (This is for international use only).
• Audio: WAV files using PCM Uncompressed 48 kHz 16 or 24 bit (24 Bit is preferred)
• 6+2 tracks Original Language mix in sync with the mov file
• 6+2 fully filled mix of M&E with optional track if available
• 6+2 Dialogue, Music and Effects stems
• Ch. 1 Left Channel
• Ch. 2 Right Channel
• Ch. 3 Center
• Ch. 4 LFE (subwoofer)
• Ch. 5 Left Surround
• Ch. 6 Right Surround
• Ch. 7 & 8 Stereo Mix Left/Right
• Ch. 9 & 10 M&E Left/Right (need for international use). Refer to your deal.
• Ch. 11-16 DME Left/Right (DIA, MX, FX stems in stereo). These channels will drop in order if not including M&E, but are required regardless of international or domestic release.
• If a trailer has been created, it must be delivered with the separate D,M,E (DIA, MX, FX stems) along with the stereo mix. Please include a music cue sheet with all music used in the trailer along with the type of license acquired for the music.
BY MAKING A SUBMISSION TO US, YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT UNLESS WE ENTER INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT, ON PAPER, THAT IS MANUALLY SIGNED BY YOU AND OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE, WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO YOU, WE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY USE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR SUBMISSION AND YOU HAVE NO CLAIM AGAINST US OR ANYONE ELSE BASED ON OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR SUBMISSION OR ANY USE OR DISCLOSURE THEREOF (AND YOU IRREVOCABLY RELEASE US FROM ANY SUCH CLAIM).